Volunteering in Ethiopia
Welcome to Ethiopia, a country of wide diversity located in the horn of Africa and where VSO have been working since 1995.
Rich in history, and with a diverse culture and breathtaking landscape, Ethiopia is a wonderful place to volunteer.
You'll experience great hospitality, and be met with friendliness and an appreciation for sharing knowledge. This makes it easy for volunteers to quickly adapt to life in Ethiopia. It won't always be easy or straightforward, but at the end of the day you can be content in the knowledge that you are making a difference to someone’s life.
We have an exciting but challenging future ahead of us. Our staff, partners and volunteers are all highly committed to achieving our vision of an Ethiopia without poverty, where all individuals and communities are able to realise their own potential and that of Ethiopia, and improve their quality of life.
We look forward to welcoming you to our country.
Rahel Gebremariam, Country Director
Volunteers stories from Ethiopia
"This experience is even better shared" : Nanda and Hilbert-Jan in Ethiopia
Volunteering couple Nanda and Hilbert-Jan, from the Netherlands, are volunteering together with VSO in Hossana, Ethiopia.
We have a dedicated team to work with you while you're on placement, including:
- Rahel Gebremarian, Country Director
- Ruth Yohannes, Head of Human Resources
- Yohannes Amada, Programme Manager – Health
- Tesfaw Mohammed, Programme Manager – Education
- Deribe Daddy, Logistics Manager
- Tatek Dejene, Project Manager – Education
- Zebiba Getachew, Project Manager – Health
- Meheret Amsalu, Project Manager – Heath