Volunteer role: Technical Vocational Training Adviser
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Dec 2019|
|Interview date:||on going|
|Start date:||To be determined|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
You will assess the needs and build the operational and management capacity of staff, management and board members of the vocational training institute so they have the leadership, policies and practices to support the delivery of quality, market relevant, internationally recognised (e.g. City and Guilds) and industry demanded standards of skills training and services; so the local population have increased preparedness for employment
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A degree in a relevant field
• 5+ years of experience in Welding and Metal fabrication or Motor vehicle repair/Mechanical Eng or Carpentry and Joinery or Building and concrete Technician or Plumbing and Pipe fitting.
• Familiarity with governance practice
• Proven coaching and mentoring skills
• Experience within vocational training organisations especially those offering C&G and/or NVQ
• Experience of delivering Training of Trainers
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic but VSOs standards for security and facilities
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application