Volunteer role: Teacher Trainer (Pre-primary, Primary and Secondary)
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Aug 2019|
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The communities we work in need people like you - experienced professionals with the ideas, energy and courage to make a difference.
Thousands of teachers around the world are without the necessary training and support, and so as a consequence students aren’t reaching their full potential. VSO is working to change this, and that is where you come in.
As a VSO volunteer, you’ll draw on your experience to advise on teacher motivation, helping to develop curriculum, coach tutors, train pre-service teachers, and check resources are fit for purpose. You’ll also be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the progress of the placement.
Project specifics vary, so you may work in a Teacher Training College, or an Education Development Centre, or Ministry of Education, for example. The aims of the project will also vary depending on the location of your placement.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor's degree in education or related field
• A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Pre- primary, Primary, Secondary or teacher training college.
• Experience of teacher training, teacher coaching, teacher capacity building is desirable.
• Able to demonstrate excellent practice in the classroom.
• Fluent English proficiency.
• Experience in mentoring or training other teachers.
• Computer literate and have basic skills for managing information systems, such as creating spreadsheets and word documents
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application