Volunteer role: Teacher Educator
|Type of role:||Advocacy policy and research|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Jun 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In collaboration with Moroto District Education Office, the Volunteer will lead in building the capacity of local government and schools officials to create an inclusive education environment where children, especially girls, can attend, stay in school longer and receive quality education.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Primary Education, Gender, Inclusive Education, or related discipline
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in the field of gender and inclusive education at national or international level
- Knowledge and understanding of gender and inclusive education in the Ugandan context is an added advantage
- Good experience in designing and implementing a capacity building program
- Facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Basic computing skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and management skills
- Ability to interact skillfully with diverse groups of people
- Well-developed drive for results competencies
* Please note that this post is only open to Irish citizens.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in advocacy, policy, M&E and research
Volunteers with specialist skills help support the quality and monitoring of programmes and build capacity of local partners to support sustainable development.