Volunteer role: Private Sector Engagement Specialist
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Oct 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
You will assess the needs and build the technical and networking capacity of staff, management and board members of selected vocational training institutes to develop and implement strategies to strengthen access and linkages to private sector companies in oil and gas related sectors; to increase marketability and relevance of courses as well as apprenticeship, internships, sponsorship and private sector investment opportunities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A degree or equivalent in respective field
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with apprenticeship schemes
• Experience of corporate social responsibility schemes
• Experience of identifying labour demand; skills needs
• Strong networking and partnership building skills and experience
• Proven coaching and mentoring skills
• Experience of working with/training low capacity teams
• Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing)
• Experience of local labour schemes
• Experience of working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organisations
• Prior experience of working in developing countries (in Africa, in an NGO
• Motorbike experience or willingness to learn
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic but meet VSOs requirements for security and facilities
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application