Volunteer role: Peacebuilding and Post Conflict Advisor
|Type of role:||Engineering and technical|
|Location:||To be Confirmed, Myanmar|
|Partner organisation:||VSO International|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Aug 2019|
|Interview date:||To be Confirmed|
|Start date:||This role is an urgent fill|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The purpose of this role is to Provide technical assistance to post-conflict and peace building activities with partner organizations and key stakeholders, including community members and leaders, and government officials.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate has:
• At least 10 years’ experience in building the skills and capacity of civil society organizations and nonprofits, focused on participatory approaches
• Proven ability as a technical trainer for adult learners and discussion facilitator for diverse groups
• Strong understanding of the role of civil society in a developing country context, Myanmar a plus
• Experience working in a resource poor environment and/or (post)conflict environments
• Strong background and experience in transferring skills in the area of civil society leadership, people management, strategic planning, public speaking, peacebuilding, social cohesion building, etc.
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• A self-starter who learns quickly and works well in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Resourceful and flexible
• An effective communicator
• Patient and with a good understanding of team dynamics
• Able to work well with a variety of individuals in a challenging, cross-cultural setting.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in engineering and technical
Engineering and technical volunteers tend to work in either our secure livelihoods programmes to help people make a decent living and be resilient, or on programmes supporting healthcare services.