Volunteer role: Health Researcher - Midterm Evaluation
|Type of role:||Healthcare|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Dec 2018|
|Start date:||January 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
• Assess the progress of the programme, including the appropriateness and impact of the interventions implemented.
• Formulate recommendations on the direction of the programme and where needed the adjustments which need to be made.
• Present draft review report to VSO and other stakeholders for final review.
• Help raise awareness among the Irish public about the role of Irish volunteers in development, the sustainable impact they have and other the positive benefits volunteering can bring to the countries where Ireland works.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Maternal, Newborn and Adolescent Sexual reproductive Health care & Rights expertise.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Proven research, analytical, organizational and communication skills, knowledge of management practices of development organizations, team management and cultural sensitivity, organization development and linkages.
• Significant experience in monitoring and evaluation of large scale projects.
• Proven working experience in Project Cycle Management, ideally in Results Based Management (RBM).
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Medical and healthcare volunteer jobs
Use your medical expertise to improve the quality of services and systems across Africa and Asia.