Volunteer role: Governance expert
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||Various Countries, Various Countries|
|Partner organisation:||VSO International|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Jun 2020|
|Interview date:||To be Confirmed|
|Start date:||Soonest Possible|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Federal and Governance expert will assist in democratic local planning budgeting and planning, conflict transformation mainstreaming and supporting the communities and government on electoral systems.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will have;
1. Relevant university degree with knowledge of governance issue, policy analysis and project management
2. Experience in democratic local planning processes and experience in mainstreaming pro-democratic processes, gender sensitization, working in countries that have deep democracy.
3. Experience in conflict transformation, and mainstreaming, do-no-harm approaches in, federal systems, gendered budgeting and experience in planning, and supporting the communities and government on electoral systems.
4. Good, clear communication skills; Good facilitation skills
5. Resourcefulness and ability to solve problems
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application