Volunteer role: Educator facilitators
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Application Closing Date:||19 Dec 2018|
|Interview date:||To be confirmed|
|Start date:||April 2019|
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
To deliver the Teaching and Learning interventions and tracking of girls under the Education for Life Project
Skills, qualifications and experience
A combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described:
1. Certified Teacher training preferably P1 & P2 or ECD training
2. Evidence of professional training accreditation from recognized Teacher Training college
3. Knowledge of Girls education especially barriers that keep girls out of school
4. Evidence of previous work as a teacher through formal or informal employment
5. Ability to speak local language fluently
6. Ability to compile reports and submit on time
7. Basic or fluent understanding of disability inclusion highly desired
Applicants must be residents of Isiolo or Migori Counties.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application
Volunteer jobs in teaching and education
Help ensure that every child has access to a quality education.