Volunteer role: Education Technology and Communication Specialist
|Type of role:||Teaching and education|
|Location:||Various Locations, Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Aug 2019|
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
The communities we work in need people like you - experienced professionals with the ideas, energy and courage to make a difference.
The education technology specialist trains and supports teachers, education management and community members to respond to Education challenges in order to unlock the talent of every child. The ideal candidate should have excellent teacher trainer skills, experience with
education management, the ability to support teachers and learners in the
use of technology and communication in improving children’s learning through digital education technology (DET).
Skills, qualifications and experience
• The ideal applicant would be a person who has at least 5 years experience working in the education sector.
• You are required to have teaching and classroom management experience especially in the early grades (first and second year of primary school).
• Ideal candidate should have experience in using different and innovative approaches to improve learning outcomes.
• Prior experience in using technology & community in education would also be a plus
• Experience in the use of data/research outcomes to make and implement initiatives that would enhance learning.
• Ability to self-manage, set targets and self-monitor would also be ideal.
• Have teacher training, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation experience.
Please note that this is a generic advert. You can complete a general application form now so we have your details. As soon as a job becomes available, we'll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application