Maternal and neonatal health
Over 2.6 million babies die within in the first 28 days of life each year. Most of these deaths happen in developing countries, from preventable causes.
We improve maternal and newborn health by:
- Training frontline health workers
- Supporting communities to demand a better service
- Improving management of health services
- Promoting low-cost, high-impact technology and practice
- Championing the use of data to improve services
Making an impact
Help us do more
Could you volunteer?
The progress we are making on improving health outcomes for mother and newborns are only possible through the contribution of volunteers.