Coronavirus will reach the poorest and hit them hardest - please act now to help save lives
The World Health Organisation has recently announced that the coronavirus pandemic is far from over. In developing countries especially, reports show infection rates are rising and lockdown restrictions are disrupting people's lives.
Many of the families and communities we work with around the world, including refugees displaced by conflict or those in slum communities, are already living in hunger, poverty and ill health.
Your donation could help VSO volunteers protect those most at risk from the virus by sharing emergency health advice.
Other ways we are building resilience against the virus include:
- continuing children's access to education
- providing mental health support for young people
- raising awareness of domestic violence
- empowering people to know their right to access support
- helping small business owners adapt and continue to make a living.
It is more important than ever that we stand side-by-side with the poorest communities and help them through this crisis.
Help us reach families who are most at risk.